I bought a bluetooth device, but I forgot the pass code. Is there any way to reset it Many devices provide the option of password recovery to prevent unauthorized access to lost or stolen Bluetooth devices.
You can try to recover your passcode by answering some personal questions before purchasing a new device with same capabilities. If you cannot recover your passcode, you will need to purchase a new device.
how to unforget a bluetooth device on iphone
First of all, resetting your device or factory restoring it is always a reliable choice if you have backed up the data. And during the process of factory restore, make sure that Find My iPhone is turned off. It can’t be disabled unless you have Apple ID.
If you have not backed up your data before, the second way is to reset it through bluetooth pairing method. In this case, you shall need a computer or a laptop because of iTunes downloaded on it. Please connect both devices via USB cable and run iTunes to continue the process. At last, press home button for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. If you need more details, please go to how to reset bluetooth password on iPhone
What is Bluetooth and what are its benefits?
Bluetooth is a wireless technology used for short-range data exchange. It is designed to connect various devices and works on the concept of pairing two devices together.
Its main benefits are easy installation, automatic connection and compatibility with other devices. Other benefits include low power consumption and security as it uses 128-bit encryption for authentication and data protection.
how to forget a bluetooth passcode on Android phone
If you’re using an Android phone and want to delete your Bluetooth passcode, follow these steps:
– Open the Setting app on your device.
– Tap Connected devices under the Personal subsection.
– Here you can see all connected devices and Bluetooth accessories. Tap the three dots menu button on the top right corner and select Forget.
– Tap Forget to confirm that you want to forget your passcode.
how to delete bluetooth password from samsung
Samsung smartphone users also need not worry as they can easily remove their Bluetooth device passcode by following our simple steps:
– Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your phone.
– Press and hold the Power key on your phone until you see a pop-up with Reboot to safe mode option.
– Tap on it and tap OK when prompted. Your smartphone will restart in safe mode.
– Now launch My Files app from the home screen of your device
– Navigate to /Device storage/Android/data and look for a file named bluetooth_off
– Delete this file by tapping the delete icon on the top right corner of your screen.
– If you can’t find this file, go to Bluetooth settings on your phone and forget the device there. This will delete all paired devices from your phone.
Windows PC users can resolve this issue by following these steps:
– Open Control panel from the Start menu. Click on Hardware and Sound, followed by Devices and Printers. This will open Device Manager in a new window.
– Locate your Bluetooth device in the list of devices seen in the window. Double click on the entry to open Properties window.
– On the Bluetooth properties windows, select Hardware tab and then click Change button next to Device Instance Id option.
– A new window will open displaying all available Bluetooth devices. Select your device here and click Cancel button.
– Now simply disconnect your Bluetooth device from your PC by turning it off.
– Reset your PC to factory settings by following steps explained in this article . After you reset it, all Bluetooth related issues will be resolved automatically.
If you can’t remember your Bluetooth device passcode, we recommend that you reset your device to factory settings and follow the steps mentioned above for a chance to forget the passcode. If it doesn’t work, then you can simply restore all your data as it was before by following our instructions on how to backup iPhone .