A “Bad IRQL” error is a system-level message that signifies something went wrong with the hardware or software. It may be caused by bad memory, corrupted code, failing hardware, etc. This can manifest itself in various ways depending on what’s going on at the time of occurrence and how severe it is. Some examples are seeing black screens after waking from sleep; audio stuttering during playback; dropping network connections unexpectedly
The “worker thread returned while attached to silo” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released fixes to fix the issue.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a youngster, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
14th of December, 2021
Originally published in March of 2021.
- Faulty hardware or outdated drivers may cause the WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL issue in Windows 10.
- To resolve this problem, make sure you’ve updated all of your system’s essential updates.
- Run the Windows built-in debugging tools if you get the Worker Thread Returned with Bad IO Priority problem.
- BSoD difficulties may be resolved by employing a third-party program that will automatically diagnose and repair your computer.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
In order to avoid any software or hardware damage, Blue Screen of Death faults may often crash your Windows 10 system and force you to restart your computer.
It’s difficult to debug and diagnose BSoD issues. They may, however, harm your computer, so you must take action as soon as you notice a problem.
These mistakes may cause a variety of issues, and we’ll teach you how to repair the WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL error today.
Because this problem is identical to the BSoD error WORKER THREAD RETURNED RETURNED WHILE ATTACHED TO SILO, you may follow the procedures below.
How can I resolve the BSoD error WORKER THREAD RETURNED?
1. Use a BSoD-specific tool.
Finding the source and, more importantly, the remedies to computer issues like BSoD may be difficult. Fortunately, tools to assist you have been created.
Restoro, for example, is a full-featured PC repair and optimization program that can identify and correct the source of Windows errors in only a few minutes.
When the software finds a damaged file on your system, it replaces it with a new and fully functional one using a large database of system files.
It may also assist you in maintaining your gear and provide performance evaluations.
2. Ensure that Windows 10 is up to date.
BSoD failures are often caused by hardware and software faults, which may be resolved by updating Windows 10.
Patches are published on a regular basis, and many of them address both hardware and software problems. Windows Update makes it simple to get the most recent fixes.
Because Microsoft is always working on Windows 10, we highly suggest you to download the most recent updates if you want to keep your PC reliable and error-free.
3. Uninstall any apps that are causing problems.
These sorts of issues are often caused by third-party apps, so it’s critical to identify and delete any applications that may be causing the problem.
Users claim that software like ASUS AI Suite might cause these issues, so if you’re using this or any similar app, be sure to uninstall it.
Another typical culprit is your antivirus software or firewall; to repair this problem, you’ll need to uninstall all third-party antivirus products from your computer.
Even if you uninstall your existing antivirus, Windows Defender will safeguard your computer, so you won’t have to worry about internet security.
We should point out that removing the antivirus software may not solve the issue since many antivirus applications leave behind certain files and registry entries when they are removed.
We highly recommend using a specialist removal tool to thoroughly delete all files connected with your antivirus product. These tools are available for many antivirus firms’ software.
According to customers, the issue was caused by McAfee antivirus, however keep in mind that this mistake may be caused by virtually any antivirus application.
We should highlight that drivers may occasionally cause these sorts of issues, therefore you may need to delete a specific driver from your computer.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Users experienced problems with the Broadcom CrystalHD Video Decoder driver, and they claimed that the only way to cure the problem was to uninstall it.
4. Use the Hardware Troubleshooter to find out what’s wrong with your computer.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- From the left-hand menu, choose Troubleshoot.
- From the right pane, choose BSOD and then click Run the Troubleshooter.
- To finish the troubleshooter, follow the directions on the screen.
Now we’ll turn to Windows 10’s troubleshooting tools for assistance. The built-in troubleshooter is the first tool. This program may assist you in resolving a variety of difficulties, including BSOD issues.
5. Keep your drivers up to date.
Blue Screen of Death issues are often caused by out-of-date or buggy drivers, and the only way to fix the problem is to update the affected drivers.
It’s not difficult to update drivers; all you have to do is go to your hardware manufacturer’s website and download the appropriate drivers for your device.
Keep in mind that in order to repair this issue, you may need to update drivers for all key components. It might take a long time to look for drivers on your own.
As a result, we recommend that you utilize a program that will do this task for you automatically. Using an automated driver updater will save you the time and effort of manually searching for drivers.
This program will assist you in automatically updating drivers and preventing PC harm caused by installing incorrect driver versions.
6. Perform an SFC scan
- Open Command Prompt as administrator by typing cmd into the Windows search box.
- sfc/scannow sfc/scannow sfc/scannow sfc/scannow sfc/scan
- Wait till the procedure is completed (it may take a while).
- If a solution is identified, it will be implemented automatically.
- Restart your computer after closing the Command Prompt.
The SFC scan will be the next instrument we utilize. This is a command-line utility that will scan your system for potential faults and, if feasible, address them while scanning.
If SFC stops working or does not operate at all on Windows 10, follow the steps in our dedicated tutorial to resolve the problem.
7. Start the DISM program.
- To launch Command Prompt as an administrator, repeat the first two steps from the previous solution.
- Press Enter after pasting the following command:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the scan to complete.
- Restart your computer and try again with the update.
The last troubleshooting tool we’ll use is DISM. This utility is more powerful than the others since it re-deploys the system image.
8. Restart your Windows 10 computer.
- To initiate Automatic Repair, restart your computer a few times throughout the boot phase.
- . You may also accomplish this by holding down the Shift key and pressing the Restart button at the same time.
- Select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove Everything from the Troubleshoot menu. It’s possible that you’ll be prompted to input Windows 10 installation disc, so be prepared.
- Only the disk where Windows is installed is selected > Simply delete my files.
- To begin the Windows 10 reset, click Reset and then follow the on-screen directions to finish it.
You may be able to repair the WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL problem by performing a Windows 10 reset if it’s caused by particular applications.
To execute a Windows 10 reset, make a backup of all vital data on your C partition and use Media Creation Tool to build a bootable USB flash drive.
If Automatic Repair fails to fix your Windows 10 PC, follow the steps in our detailed tutorial to quickly resolve the problem.
9. Look for broken hardware on your computer.
Because your hardware is often the source of Blue Screen of Death issues, we recommend that you remove any newly installed gear that may not be totally compatible with your PC.
If the issue isn’t caused by newly installed hardware, one of your components is most likely broken, and you’ll need to replace it.
Your RAM is a typical source of these issues, but you should also check all other main hardware components, as many of them might produce this error.
The BSoD error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL might be troublesome, but it’s easy to remedy if you follow the instructions in this article.
Please leave a comment below if any of these options worked for you or if you have a suggestion.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
- worker thread returned at bad irql windows 7
- bsod meaning