2019 has been a great year for cloud hosting providers. There are many new entrants and significant price drops across the board, making it difficult to determine which provider is best. Here I compare some of the top contenders: Runcloud vs Cloudways in terms of features offered by each service, as well as pricing and performance metrics
The “runcloud openlitespeed” is a cloud hosting service that offers an affordable price. It is a good choice for those who want to try out the cloud hosting service without spending too much money.
Are you seeking for a cost-effective cloud web hosting solution? Do Cloudways and RunCloud appear on your list of hosting providers, but you’re undecided? This post will compare Cloudways to Runcloud.
Both Cloudways and RunCloud are web hosting service providers that provide superior hosting options from a variety of servers throughout the globe, including Digital Ocean, Linode, Vulr, Google Cloud, and others.
They provide amazing hosting solutions by expanding server resources and managing servers in a unique way, all with the help of a fantastic support staff. The primary distinction is that Cloudways can scale a server’s resources from the hosting account, while RunCloud can only control the resources available from separate servers.
There are a few more changes that I’ll go over in depth later in this essay. Let’s get this party started!
A Quick Comparison of Cloudways vs RunCloud
What makes Cloudways superior than RunCloud?
Here’s why Cloudways managed cloud hosting is superior than RunCloud.
- Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting service that operates from five separate web servers across the globe, while RunCloud’s control panel runs many unmanaged webservers.
- RunCloud requires a separate account, while Cloudways may grow server resources inside its hosting account.
- It features a built-in Cloudways CDN for quicker content delivery and optimal uptime in local regions.
- Cloudways offers a free trial for its managed web hosting services, which include application monitoring, website speed, and security.
- For fast data transmission, SSD-based servers are employed, and PHP application administration is available.
- Furthermore, with no downtime, this quickest web hosting offers automatic, robust backup systems as well as sophisticated caches for proxy servers.
What makes RunCloud superior than Cloudways?
RunCloud cloud hosting has the ability to handle a large number of servers. Most significantly, RunCloud offers a staff of experts that can do free website migrations.
- RunCloud is an API-based server that manages applications using its robust control panel.
- For lightning-fast web page loading, it employs Nginx and Redis caching.
- For staging and application maintenance, RunCloud offers a single interface to manage numerous servers and different websites.
- The most basic subscription is $8 per month and covers the management of one server and its related web applications.
A Comprehensive Comparison of Cloudways vs RunCloud
For a more in-depth analysis of various cloud hosting providers, I utilize a set of criteria to determine which is the superior option. Speed, performance, WordPress features, security, CDN, customer support, free services, and simplicity of use are all factors to consider. The control panel is used to assess the quality of the hosting service, which helps in determining which is better: Cloudways versus RunCloud.
Server sources, browsers, webpage scripts, and files used for web page construction all impact the website’s performance. For speedier connection, the finest hosting services should provide an appropriate solution for these concerns via their resources, caching mechanisms, and PHP version utilized in a database. Other notable features that may improve the site are the storage capacity and available bandwidth limit for speedy file transfers.
Both Cloudways and RunCloud make advantage of the fastest servers available. Let’s see how they compare in terms of speed!
- Cloudways connects servers to application management systems and their deployments via SMTP and SSH.
- With completely expandable resources, this best managed cloud hosting employs servers from Digital Ocean, Vultr, Amazon Cloud, Google Cloud, and Linode.
- Because of the various price options, RAM, Memory, CPU, and Bandwidth restrictions may be customized. There is also the option of purchasing more bandwidth.
- The SSD-based hard drive may boost performance. For simple scalability, the server and application monitoring offers information on CPU use, disk space availability, and RAM consumption.
- The site’s performance is improved via HTTP/2 and powerful caches such as Nginx, Redis, and Varnish.
- For rapid data access and script execution in web applications, PHP-PFM and Breeze caching are used.
So, you’ve learned about Cloudways’ speed features! They’re interesting, and they have the potential to speed up website loading times. The performance of our blog, wpglossy, hosted on Cloudways DO server, may be seen in the screenshot below.
- RunCloud connects servers via the API protocol, and cPanel aids in the management of unmanaged webservers.
- It includes the PHP-CLI command line interface, which is utilized for high-speed data access and availability.
- In hosted websites, Nginx and Redis caches are utilized to speed up page loading.
In this race between Cloudways and RunCloud, it’s evident that Cloudways is the clear winner.
Reason: Cloudways offers PHP-PFM, scalable server sources, SSD-based servers, and Varnish and Nginx caching, among other features. These allow for speedier data transmission and a faster loading web page.
The uptime performance ensures that websites are available even when there is a lot of traffic. The flexibility to access site pages at any time means that users will be more engaged. To provide a high level of uptime, a CDN and enhanced browser caches are employed.
- Because of its 60+ data centers located throughout the globe, Cloudways maintains a 100% uptime performance. These make the site visible to users who are in close proximity to their current location.
- Using innovative browser caching technologies, the Cloudways CDN can deliver optimized media files quicker.
- The breeze cache and Redis cache may help to speed up data access and optimize the database. As a result, the web pages hosted at Cloudways are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with no downtime.
- With Cloudways bot monitoring and regular patching and auto-healing features, customers may expect 100 percent site availability.
Take a peek at our blog’s uptime statistics! Yes, we haven’t had any downtime in the past!
- RunCloud is set up using a combination of Apache and Nginx. For optimum uptime performance, it may also utilize pure Nginx cache.
- RunCloud’s LiteSpeed approach is designed to provide users with quicker access to web sites.
- To decrease downtime, you may use Nginx fast CGI and Redis full-page caching.
- For rapid site access, RunCloud encloses its caching mechanism, RunCloud hub.
The uptime score of our specialty blog housed on the RunCloud server does not meet our expectations.
In the battle of uptime performance between Cloudways and RunCloud, Cloudways triumphs.
Reason: Until recently, we haven’t had any issues with the site being down. Because Cloudways use a content delivery network (CDN) and sophisticated caching methods such as Varnish, Nginx, Redis, and Memcached, which outperform RunCloud.
Features of WordPress
For any cloud hosting to provide additional value to the company, WordPress features are essential. It is a superb hosting option that helps the site owner to attain the objective with proper themes and plugin integration, whether it is an eCommerce website, a course, or a commercial site.
- Cloudways advocates free SSL certificate website migration.
- WordPress can be installed with a single click. With the Cloudways bot, it also includes several one-click application deployments and monitoring functionalities.
- It provides automatic backup for WordPress websites, as well as one-click website cloning.
- Cloudways’ website management is made easier with WP-CLI, which comes pre-installed on the server.
- It also features connectors for e-commerce and other analytics plugins.
- For distributing emails from servers, SMTP add-ons are available.
- To test the apps, the staging URL is available.
- With free SSL certificates, one-click WordPress installation is feasible.
- Any WordPress website deployment and setup includes HTTP/2 by default.
- For website migration, a staging URL is accessible, although functionality are restricted depending on the plan selected by the user.
- In the site/server administration area, you may administer several websites and examine the traffic status in the admin dashboard.
The WordPress features duel between Cloudways and RunCloud finishes in a draw.
Reason: With staging URLs, free SSL, and website transfer, most WordPress core features are accessible in Cloudways and RunCloud hosting panels.
When it comes to cloud-based web hosting, it must defend sites from harmful assaults and provide additional services like password management, firewall protection, and spam protection for both the sites and the server. Third-party users will have to be monitored on the sites that are hosted. Special bots are used by both Cloudways and RunCloud to guard against assaults. Let’s take a closer look at the speed feature.
- For OS level and malicious traffic threats, this top managed cloud hosting service provider employs a dedicated firewall.
- For domain protection, free SSL protection is offered.
- IP whitelisting is a technique for avoiding spamming users who come from unwelcome traffic sources.
- It handles server resource management and web application with two-factor authentication, SSH, and SFTP.
- Cloudways uses frequent security patching for safe cloud servers that are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cloudways includes Cloudways bot protection, which protects against malicious traffic and brute-force login assaults while also providing DDoS protection.
- When controlling your server and site setup, SSL/TLS encryption is used for security.
- Monitoring and control services are used by this cloud hosting service to improve server health in terms of memory, storage space, CPU utilization, and bandwidth consumption.
- It does monthly server health checks and sends out monthly reports with updates every 12 hours.
- SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, and 34210/TCP protocols are used to manipulate firewall security for improved site administration.
- The fail2ban system is used to keep track of the server programs and defend them from DDoS attacks.
- The SHA256 method and 2048-bit access keys are used to encrypt customer service.
Cloudways triumphs in the battle of security!
Cloudways manages servers and websites using modern security technologies. When compared to security features found in RunCloud, the firewall, unique monitoring bot, and 2FA protection against DDoS tend to excel.
Any hosting solution’s content delivery network is responsible for delivering web pages quickly and controlling web page unavailability. This CDN uses a unique caching technique in its data centers to help webpages load quicker. For faster data availability, they employ Nginx, Apache2, Redis, and Memcached caches.
- Cloudways charges an extra fee for its CDN service. In 60+ data centers across the globe, you can effortlessly setup and store web data.
- For super-fast access to images and associated optimized services, you may also utilize third-party CDNs. Yes, you may quickly download media assets from the CDN when a web page’s user requests them.
- Cloudways simplifies and secures servers using its hosting service by using third-party CDN settings.
- It includes a multinetwork CDN for fast data delivery to consumers.
- Uses the GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket services to send files and photos to user locations more quickly.
- To provide flying pages, RunCloud includes a CDN that resizes, compresses, and converts images to webP format.
- To improve data delivery performance, it uses a statically worldwide CDN for WordPress core, themes, and plugin files.
- For improved image processing, WP rocket CDN, favicons CDN, and flags are offered.
- For Jquery, scripts, bootstrap, and react files, it utilizes statically Libs CDN.
RunCloud has won the CDN competition!
Cloudways employs its own CDN as well as third-party CDNs to deliver data to websites quicker. For photos, scripts, and media files, however, RunCloud employed a multi-CDN network. These improve performance and make setup easier.
Technical specialists are included in the finest customer support to ensure that the service is useful for the consumers and that their issues are readily resolved. Before purchasing any hosting, you should read the reviews and comments of previous customers to get a sense of how good their service is.
- It features an excellent support system that provides technical assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- With its experienced staff, the online ticketing system might be effective in solving difficult issues.
- Customers may obtain premium SLA assistance to have their issues fixed swiftly.
- Premium clients with senior engineers may get telephonic help.
- Cloudways’ skilled technical staff quickly guides services such as application-level support, server customization, setup, and website migration.
- Premium support options for site monitoring and maintenance include private Slack channels and clone website partnerships.
- RunCloud employs a skilled crew to keep track of various webserver lists, databases, and CDN connections for a variety of online applications.
- Many servers are acquired from various accounts and then merged utilizing the RunCloud cPanel’s API management.
- Users who utilize secure customer messaging services may get server administration help.
When comparing the customer assistance of the two hosting providers, I believe Cloudways comes out on top.
The reason for this is because Cloudways has a knowledge base with step-by-step manuals and community forums for technical support. Apart from that, it offers a variety of assistance options, including premium support, which I mentioned previously. We contacted them numerous times, and each time they were prompt and helpful in resolving our issues.
When people think about hosting, the first thing that springs to mind is affordability. For its basic plans, both Cloudways and RunCloud have established minimum costs. Cloudways costs $10 per month for hosting and solutions, whereas RunCloud charges $8 per month. However, RunCloud uses this money to operate the server and the site via its cPanel. Users will have to pay for this individually.
- Cloudways’ basic plan is $10 per month and includes 1GB of RAM, 1core CPU, 25GB of storage, and 1TB of bandwidth from any available server. Customers are paid an additional $2 for premium services that include additional features.
- Customers may pay depending on consumption and you can scale server sources at any moment in your Cloudways account.
- Every Cloudways subscription provides with complete capabilities as well as add-on services like CDN to improve overall user experiences.
- The basic subscription from RunCloud is $8 per month and covers server and application management.
- The price varies depending on how many servers the RunCloud cPanel manages.
- Unmanaged server resources are charged individually by RunCloud at a cost of $7 per hour.
In a pricing comparison between Cloudways and RunCloud, Cloudways comes out on top.
Reason: When server resource costs and website administration costs are included in, Cloudways offers lower pricing. In order to use RunCloud, you must acquire an unmanaged server from a hosting service provider, which might be rather costly.
Dashboard for Ease of Use
To remain linked to online applications, a hosting control panel should offer straightforward navigation and server application access. It should be able to manage web applications, deploy them, and configure websites, as well as integrate third-party services. Within the dashboard, the monitoring and control area of these resources may be found.
- The Cloudways dashboard is divided into two sections: server administration and application management.
- Other capabilities available to users include security configuration, monitoring, configuration settings, and addon packages.
- Resource scalability, SMTP email service integration, and backup settings are some of the other dashboard features.
- Premium services are also available in the appropriate categories.
- In the application part, you may handle domain, deployment, SSL, CDN, migration setup, bot protection, and monitoring setup services for simple navigation.
- RunCloud offers a simple control panel that allows you to access and administer several servers, as well as deploy apps with backup and set up DNS.
- It has a separate page for the linked list of servers, as well as their resource availability.
- Users may also get information about the server’s resources, apps in use, databases linked with them, cronjob details, and PHP-CLI settings.
- Users may also pick from a variety of security, deployment, and web application features to design their sites.
- For simple web hosting services, the web application setup comprises domain, file manager, firewall, CDN, and cache settings.
Cloudways and RunCloud tie in terms of simplicity of use.
Reason: Cloudways and RunCloud provide simple navigation to all of the dashboard’s functionalities. Both control panels make it simple to install and configure website applications.
Backup and a Free Trial
Basic plans with free trials and backup features improve service providers’ dependability. It removes clients’ apprehensions about using certain services. Let’s see which service provider provides the best backup and maintenance services in this part.
- Cloudways offers a free trial to try out their services. The greatest thing is that for up to three days, it does not ask for credit card details.
- It provides free SSL installation with a single click for migrated websites that use staging URLs.
- It has options for automated backup and controlled offline backup, as well as one-click recovery.
- Web application monitoring and frequent patching services are also provided, with monthly reports updated every 12 hours.
- RunCloud does not give a free trial, but it does provide a 14-day money-back guarantee. Customers who pay yearly will get two months of free alternatives.
- For a limited period, RunCloud is offering free site transfer; else, it will cost you $20.
- There is a free backup of 50GB beyond which there are extra costs.
- The experienced team’s website application monitoring services are superb and swiftly handled.
Cloudways triumphs in the free trial and backup competitions.
Reason: Cloudways allows for thorough resource testing without requiring credit card information and allows for pay-as-you-go billing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a discount on Cloudways?
Cloudways offers a free service trial to those who want to try out their services without having to provide their credit card information. It does, however, provide promotional codes that may be used to lessen the cost of a transaction. The biggest Cloudways discount is $30, which you can get with the coupon WPGLOSSY.
Is Cloudways’ resource scalability superior than RunCloud’s?
Yes. Cloudways’ resources are significantly more scalable, and it operates on a pay-as-you-go model. Extra disk space is available from a variety of servers, including Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, Vultr, and Linode. Only server administration is available in RunCloud’s control panel.
Is Cloudways better than RunCloud in terms of speed?
Yes. Cloudways makes use of the Cloudways bot, sophisticated caching, frequent OS patching, and data centers in over 60 locations to provide optimum website uptime with little downtime. Multiple databases, CDN service, Breeze cache, and SSD-based servers all provide for faster data movement across server resources, resulting in faster homepage availability.
Which is better for agency services: Cloudways or RunCloud?
RunCloud is a superior alternative for maintaining various servers and their resources for agency services. RunCloud is more simply accessible than Cloudways for web application deployment and maintenance.
Which is better for eCommerce websites: Cloudways or RunCloud?
During high-traffic days like Fridays and Mondays, ecommerce websites need scalable server resources. Cloudways is a good option for expanding apps and server capacity during periods of heavy demand. Web application integration is required for sales monitoring on e-commerce sites. In such circumstance, Cloudways has built-in capabilities to tackle the situation.
Who is the real winner between RunCloud and Cloudways?
After evaluating both cloud hosting service providers on a variety of criteria, we found that Cloudways, unlike RunCloud, provides potential scalability. RunCloud, on the other hand, manages server and web applications using a control panel.
Cloudways has clearly outperformed RunCloud in the bulk of the criteria stated above, including pricing, security, speed, performance, customer service, and a free trial.
RunCloud and Cloudways are tied in terms of WordPress functionality and dashboard simplicity of use. Nonetheless, it wins in terms of CDN availability for speedier content delivery.
Overall, Cloudways takes the top spot on the list, winning in numerous categories, and is the best choice if you need a hosting solution for your website. Get $30 in free credits when you sign up for Cloudways hosting!
Watch This Video-
The “runcloud team” is a company that provides cloud hosting services. This company offers both Cloudways and Runcloud hosting plans. The two companies are similar in many ways, but there are some differences between them as well.
- runcloud review
- gridpane vs runcloud
- gridpane vs cloudways
- runcloud backup
- runcloud cdn