Trakt TV is a platform that allows you to manage your media library and watch shows, movies, and sports events. It’s an open source software that can be installed on any device with Kodi or Plex installed.
If you like watching TV programs and movies but don’t have the time to keep track of release dates and discover the finest new material as it becomes available, Trakt TV on Kodi may be the solution.
Trakt is an online application that enables you to organize and keep track of your favorite movies and TV programs.
What is the meaning of Trakt?
Trakt is a free online service for keeping track of the movies and TV programs you’ve seen that works with a variety of media players and services, including Netflix, Plex, Kodi, MediaPortal, Emby, Infuse, MrMC, Stremio, Serviio, VLC, iOS, Android, Windows, Amazon Alexa, and more.
Trakt keeps track of the movies and TV programs you watch, making suggestions based on your past viewing habits and assisting in the discovery of highly rated community content.
Trakt will also be helpful if you maintain a record of everything you’ve seen so you don’t have to depend on a list that may or may not exist. It’ll be simple to maintain since it’ll be available from any browser and mobile phone.
Features of Trakt TV
Trakt provides a range of services, including free basic features and a premium version with VIP capabilities, which costs $ 2.50 per month.
The following functionalities are included as standard:
- Scrobble the material you’re watching automatically
- History of viewings
- Watch Now: A list of the greatest places to look for certain movies and TV programs.
- Real-time content sharing via social media
- Recommendations for television shows and films
- Personal lists: You may make and save your own movie, actor, season, and episode lists.
- Shows how popular movies are in the community.
- Notifications by email and push
- Keep track of the development of your favorite TV programs.
- Lists that have been highlighted
- Find new friends by following other members.
- There will be no spoilers.
The following are some of the VIP benefits:
- Annual statistics “Year in Review” are available.
- Every day and week, calendar alerts will remind you of your customized calendar.
- IFTTT’s RSS feeds
- Uses the famous Watch Now filter to make it easier to locate your favorite broadcast providers.
- You may share your statistics by embedding images and widgets.
- Instead of creating your own list, copy one off the internet.
- Badges for VIPs
- Alexa integration with Amazon
- Filtering and advanced search
- No ads
- Get first crack at new features.
- The data is saved as a CSV file.
- Make your profile header out of your favorite movie or TV program.
- Combine your calendar with other well-known lists;
- Forums for VIP members only;
Other Features of Trakt TV
Other features that aren’t mentioned on the Trakt website include:
- Examine the material once you’ve finished watching it.
- Trakt syncs your series and movie collections automatically.
- Cleans your Trakt library automatically, enabling it to communicate with Kodi directly.
- Trakt and Kodi synchronize your “watched status” in your TV programs and movies.
- You may also sign up for the $ 5 per month VIP package, which grants you Executive Producer credit.
Make a Trakt account.
To use this addon, you’ll need to sign up for a Trakt account. Visit https://trakt.tv/ for more information.
Step 1: Select “JOIN TRAKT FOR FREE” from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Fill up your display name and location for your profile. and customize the time and date on your display, as well as your gender and birthday. and then click the Next Step button
Step 4: After choosing your country, choose your preferred streaming providers. and then click the Next Step button
Step 5: Choose your favorite genres and go on to the next step.
Step 6: Click Next Step to continue exploring and adding movies and TV programs to your profile.
Step 7: Share your actions on any of the social media platforms available, then go on to the next step.
Step 8: If you want to get a real-time push notice when someone follows you, mentions you, responds to your remark, or likes your lists, click this link. Return to the Dashboard
Step 9: Your Trakt TV account is now active.
cheers! Now that we’ve successfully established a Trakt account, we’ll proceed to installing Trakt TV on Kodi.
How to Setup Trakt and Connect It to Kodi
Once you’ve signed up for Trakt, it’s a good idea to setup it and think about a few things. We’ll look at how to modify and utilize Trakt in this part.
Note: It’s essential to remember that Trakt isn’t compatible with all Kodi addons, so check first to see whether they’re compatible with Trakt. To discover suitable trakt Kodi addons, go through our top Kodi addons list.
Step 1: Go to the official Kodi repository and look for the Trakt script. To do this, launch Kodi and choose the Gear icon.
Step 2: Select Add-ons.
Step 3: Select “Install from repository” from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Select “Kodi Add-on Repository” from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Select “Program Add-ons” from the drop-down menu.
Step 6: Look for “Trakt” and click it.
Step 7: Select “Install” from the drop-down menu.
Step 8: A popup saying that “The following new add-ons will be installed” appears. Click OK.
Step 9: Wait for the Trakt Add-on installation notice to display in the upper-right corner.
Step 10: Once the installation is complete, a popup will appear, instructing you to activate your Trakt account by visiting https://trakt.tv/activate or scanning the QR code.
Step 11: If you want to use the website, enter the code that appears on your device and click continue.
Step 12: Once you’ve entered the code, you’ll be sent to a new page where you may authorize Trakt for Kodi to use your account.
Step 13: On your screen, a “Woohoo” confirmation message displays.
That’s all, you’ve now successfully installed Trakt on Kodi.
How can I install Trakt on Kodi?
It is recommended that you setup the addon after installing and activating it so that Trakt can monitor the contents you view in Kodi.
Step 1: To configure the addon, click Configure.
Step 2: A list of Trakt choices will appear. There are five parts in the menu on the left. Let’s have a look at what each of them entails:
- General: You may enable various users to use their Trakt account to access the Trakt addon in this area. You must approve your account each time a new user wishes to use Trakt in the same manner as described previously.
- Exclusions: You may construct a list of sources that will be omitted from Trakt in this area. With extensions that enable you to watch TV, you may, for example, block all of the material you view.
- Scrobbling: This section will provide the choices for Trakt to track the material you’re viewing. You may, for example, filter the file formats that Trakt will utilize. You may enable movie, series, and other types of tracking. You’ll always know what data is transmitted to Trakt if you choose the “Show notice while performing Scrobble” option. Knowing when and how your data is utilized is always beneficial.
- Synchronize: You may set the synchronization options between Kodi and Trakt in this section. When you finish watching anything on Kodi, it will transmit your info to the server. Trakt servers will keep this information. If you enable synchronization, the changes you make on the Trakt website will also be reflected in Kodi. The ability to synchronize movie scores is available. Your movie library may also be synchronized. The movies you view will be added to your Trakt library in this manner.
- Trakt movie scoring is turned on by default. This implies that every time you finish viewing a movie, a notification will appear asking you to rate it. You may deactivate this option if you want. You may choose the percentage of the movie or chapter that you must have watched in order for the rating option to appear. You may also change the score that is shown by default.
How to combine Trakt with Kodi addons
To utilize Trakt with Kodi, we’ll need to combine it with the most popular Kodi addons, and we’ve chosen Exodus Redux this time. To get started, open Kodi and go to the video addons area.
Step 1: Right-click Exodus Redux Addon and choose settings from the menu.
Step two: A new window will open; select Accounts on the left side menu to see an option to provide Exodus Redux access to Trakt. Authorization should be selected.
Step 3: Go to the specified URL, type in the code, and then click Continue.
Step 4: Allow Exodus Redux to access your Trakt account by clicking yes.
Step 5: You have now gotten a notification indicating that the integration was successful.
You may now use this technique to connect other Kodi addons like Trakt TV to keep track of what you’ve seen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Trakt TV on Kodi?
To use Trakt TV on Kodi, you need to create an account and then connect your computer or device that has Kodi installed with your Trakt account. You can then use the service to watch your favorite shows.
Do I need Trakt?
No, you dont need Trakt in order to play Beat Saber.
How do you watch movies on Trakt TV?
You can watch movies on Trakt TV by either renting them or purchasing them.