The goal of this article is to give you an easy way to reset your Windows 10 computer if you are having problems with it.
Windows 10 has been rolled out to millions of computers worldwide and is installed on millions of laptops and desktops. It has made Windows more secure and easier to use. Windows 10 is a great operating system and we personally love it and use it on our personal and home computer system. But every now and then we sometimes wish we could go back to the old operating system. If you feel the same way, you can easily factory reset your Windows 10 computer to the old operating system, like Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If you want to return to the factory settings of Windows 10, such as setting it back to its original state, you can do so very easily. The Factory Reset function is found under Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC.
Resetting a device is often done when you wish to sell it, start again, or get rid of an issue that was affecting the user experience. It’s also possible that your system is running slowly despite the fact that it’s normally very fast. You will be able to quickly factory reset your machine using Windows. Microsoft has made these choices simple and available to the end-user right immediately with Windows 11. This article will show you how to reinstall Windows 11.
Because everyone is using the development version of Windows 11, you’ll have to make a fresh install of the operating system when it ships later this year. You may conduct a factory reset on your Windows 11 machine in a few of different methods. You have the choice of retaining or deleting your data. After installing a new significant update, a few users would want to conduct a factory reset. Whatever the case may be, continue reading to learn how to factory reset a Windows 11 PC.
How to Reset Windows 11 to Factory Defaults
Before you begin the factory reset of your system, ensure sure you have a backup of your files and data on another portable storage device or even cloud storage. You may also wish to connect your system to a power source that is always on. In the event of a power outage while factory resetting your PC, you might encounter some new problems. Let’s look at how to perform a factory reset on your Windows 11 PC now that everything is in order.
- First and foremost, you should open the Settings app. You may accomplish this by simply clicking on the Windows icon on the taskbar or hitting the Windows Key on your keyboard to bring up the Start Menu.
- The Settings app icon may be seen on the Start Menu itself. To open it, just click once.
- Scroll down the right panel with the System option selected until you locate the Recovery option.
- You will now see a list of several viewpoints. To reset your computer, just press the Reset PC button.
- Windows will now give you two choices to select from. Keep my data or delete them all. Choose the most appropriate choice for you.
- It will now ask you to choose an installation method for Windows 11. If you don’t have the Windows 11 setup file, choose Cloud Download. Select Local Install if you have it.
- When you select local installation, you’ll need a Windows 11 bootable disk, which you can make using Rufus.
- The extra settings page will now appear. This is where it will inform you that it restores applications that were previously installed on your device and that the installation may take up to 4GB of data to download. Next should be selected.
- It will either start downloading the setup or ask you to have the Windows 11 USB drive available, depending on the option you choose for installing Windows 11. To start the procedure, just click the Reset button.
- The system will now begin the process of resetting itself. It’s possible that your system may restart a few times before factory resetting itself, which might take several hours. The amount of time it takes is determined on the kind of storage device you have, whether it is an HDD or an SSD.
- The new out-of-the-box experience setting menu will appear after that. Simply fill in the necessary information, make a few adjustments, and maintain your privacy settings, and you should be ready to go.
How to Reset Windows 11 to Factory Settings Using CMD
You may also use CMD instead of the Settings app to reset Windows 11 without having to open it.
- Simply go to the Start Menu and type Command Prompt.
- Select Run as Administrator from the context menu when you right-click it.
- To fully reset the system, type the word systemreset.
- To factory reset the settings on your Windows 11 PC, type systemreset -factoryreset.
- This will take you to the reset option page, where you can choose how you want to install and whether or not you want to retain your data.
That’s all there is to it for resetting a Windows 11 computer. The procedure is straightforward, and the time it takes is determined by the speed of your storage devices. When you do a system reset, the system will feel brand new, with some files and data remaining, depending on whether you choose to save files or not. Additionally, doing a reset in Windows 11 should aid in the removal of most small bugs or significant problems that may be interfering with the system’s normal operation.
You Might Also Like – The Best Windows 11 Desktop Themes
If you have any questions, please leave a remark in the box below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
Most of us have upgraded our PC software at some point in the past few years. Whether it’s new Windows, Office, or the newest driver software, upgrading your PC software is usually pretty straightforward. However, if that new version of Windows or Office or whatever isn’t working for you, you still have the option to go back to the previous version.. Read more about how to reset computer to factory settings windows 7 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I factory reset my computer Windows 11?
If you are using Windows 10, you can use the reset option in your settings menu.
How do I force my computer to factory reset?
To force your computer to factory reset, you will need to press the power button for 10 seconds.
How do I quickly reset my computer?
There are a few ways to quickly reset your computer. One way is to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then release it. Another way is to restart your computer by pressing the power button until you see the start up screen.
- factory reset from bios windows 7
- how to reset windows 11 to windows 10
- windows 11 reset pc not working
- how to factory reset windows 10
- windows 10 factory reset from boot